Prior to Workshop:
- PDF of the 3 poems we will consider in the workshop
- 2 Craft Essays and 3 guiding questions, which will inform our conversation in session
- These packets will be sent out 1 month prior to the workshop date
- Introductions, setting intentions and ground rules
- Review of works and craft based on materials provided
- Exercise in narrative erasures (using celebrity social-media apologies)
- Exercise in found text erasures (samples provided or participants may use their own poetry)
- Closing community-building activity (exquisite corpse poem + erasure)
- Working list of publications that platform erasures and their submission deadlines
- Participants will have 2 drafts begun
- Participants will have the option of publication in an Estuary Collective Zine focused on Visual Poetry (December 2021)
So whose work will we be considering?
- All SAFTA workshops are offered free of charge as part of Sundress' commitment to equity and accessibility, but donations are always appreciated and can be sent to me directly via PayPal, Ko-Fi, CashApp or Venmo.
Registration for this workshop will open up in the fall, but if you'd like to receive a reminder email from me, please sign up here: